Friday, November 20, 2009

Finished... (are we ever really finished?)

Well this is it. The final submission for studio 1, and I have to say I'm pretty happy with what I have to show. I still intend to develop the textures a bit more and of course, some of the accessories are not there, including the complete hair and headdress.Well, thats what the break is for. Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

On an ending note, it was a pleasure working with everyone in the studio 1 class! There was a lot of incredible work in the end. Hopefully some of us will see and motivate eachother in studio 2. Have a wonderful break!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Render Test

I went ahead and set up a lighting scheme, so I can judge how the renders will look as I add more to the color map. Anyway here is a test render.Obviously the color map that you see here has barely been worked. Suggestions?

Last Stretch

Texturing is under way now, and I've finished baking all of the normal and occlusion maps. I will still probably do an occlusion bake of the low poly model on itself get some nice shadows being cast from the different accessories. I don't know if I'm going to make the deadline or not at this point. If this was all I had to do till Thursday, I still would be worried, but its not, so... I should have gotten this model out of the way before finals. You'd think I would have learned by now.

If xNormal was a woman I would marry it.

Ok so I have all of my Uv's layed out and I just did a test render of the normal map I baked using xNormal and here is the result as seen in the preview window. I am very pleased by the results, (although I can seethe flaws in my sculpt very explicitly now) especially when I was expecting complete failure. Great job xNormal, pat yourself on the back.

Funny story, at first I forgot to switch the bump mapping option to tangent space normals, and thought my entire project was a complete failure when it came out looking like a burn victim. Thats always a harsh surprise when you're working down to the wire.

ooh... also I forgot nipples, wtf.

In the process of baking normals. Here is the majority of the UV layout. There are still a couple of bare spots for the glove, headpiece, and any more hair/fur I will need to create.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Zbrush Model is done. Since then 've been preparing my low-poly mesh for uv layout, I still need to model the hair. As soon as that gets done. Ill be baking my normals, and attempting to get as much done on the texture as possible before the quarter is over. That is, if I'm not programming all day and night.

About the sculpt, those strange bands around the center of the pants will have transparency applied to them, so they will look like ropes holding the two sections of the pants together. There will be a layer on the outside and the inside of the pants.

I'll post some more images later.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ive made a bit more progress on the sculpt since the last post. Ive been focusing on the organic details and cloth thus far, and these parts should be done after a little refinement. I'm also planning to sculpt in the embroidery on the loin cloth, so I will need to create an interesting design first. Hopefully I will be done sculpting by the end of the week and will have at least a week or more for the baking and texturing. Ideally I would have liked more time for this, but its not going to happen, at least not during the duration of this quarter.